Monday, September 22, 2008

The Monday Evening Linkocracy

Now is the time when I would normally be posting the Monday evening linkocracy, complete with stories of Great Moments in Fandom, a full Penn Game Report and a series of links. However, my favorite story of the weekend is not yet over so posting will wait till post-band and post-TGL, here's what to expect:

-Random Linkocracy (Ivy football from about the internet, or just stuff about bands)
-Cadets versus Clarinets (found poetry from the comments section of the Daily Princetonian's article on the fight)
-Last First Road Trip Ruminations (in bullet form)

That'll be it for tonight. I'll probably update in this post so never divert your attention from this blog or this blog post. Ever.

UPDATE:

This Citadel v. Princeton thing is just too much fun, I could not divert my thoughts elsewhere tonight. Some choice comments from the Daily Princetonian (http://www.dailyprincetonian.com/2008/09/22/21470/), a poem then the final analysis from me.

It's a tie for my two favorite comments:
Number 1 (this guy is brave, I'll probably give him a call tomorrow and maybe shoot out a quick update):

It seems that no one who is posting has the guts to use their real name. I was at the game. I was not on campus earlier. I do not believe the PUB was given permission to disrupt a cadet activity. My grandson told me the PUB was initially disruptive. I believe him. I'm embarrassed that there was any apology from the Citadel.
Hey Clemson tiger from Charleston, why don't you move?
Again I say: Your band is lucky they didn't get their asses kicked. They deserved it.

Tony von Kolnitz
843-884-9014

and

Number 1A (maybe turn it into a campus security training facility? Not that Princeton is ever in any clear and present danger on campus):

Love all the violent trash talking from the Citadel supporters. Don't piss of the Princeton crowd. Our endowment ($15.7 Billion) is big enough to simply buy your school (endowment $.135 Billion) and turn it into the community college for dance. Then where will you be?


Cadets Versus Clarinets
a commenter found poem by Noah

"Spare us the history lesson old man...this is war!!!"
"Save your Hate for more tolerant imbeciles!!"
"Accept the BLAME for your existences!"
"Tell us all again what actual crimes were committed by the PUB?"

"Take your XXX freak show to the red light district where it belongs."
"Good Lord, did they really?"
"Dry humping each other in front of monuments built to commemorate the deaths of America's fallen heroes," "simulating anal intercourse"

"We are here to flame and namecall."
"WE ARE CURRENTLY THE ONLY ONES TALKING!!"


Final Analysis: The internet flame war was won by the no one, it's an internet flame war. However, the cadets (or Princetonians posing as cadets) made themselves appear to be a totally imbalanced group of people without the foresight to think of one of the most famous and, for many of them, powerful Princeton alums: General David Petraeus.

No comments: